7th Pay Commission – Special (Duty) Allowance for Railway Employees serving in the North Eastern Region & Ladakh
Government of India
Ministry of Railways
PC-VII No. 35
New Delhi, dated 10.08.2017
The General Managers,
All Indian Railways etc.
(As per Standard Mailing List)
Sub: Special (Duty) Allowance for Railway Employees serving in the North Eastern Region & Ladakh – Recommendations of Seventh Central Pay Commission.
Consequent upon the acceptance of the recommendations of Seventh Central Pay Commission by the Government, the President, in supersession of all existing order issued on the subject from time to time, is pleased to decide that Railway employees, serving in the North Eastern Region and Ladakh, shall be paid Special Duty Allowance (SDA) at the rate of 10% of Basic Pay.
2. The term “Basic Pay” in the revised pay structure means the pay drawn in the prescribed Levels in the Pay Matrix but. does not include any other type of pay like Special Pay etc.
3. Special Duty Allowance will not be admissible along with Tough Location Allowance. Employees will have the additional option to avail of the benefit of Special Compensatory (Remote Locality) Allowance as per 6th Central Pay Commission rates along with Special Duty Allowance at revised rates.
4. Special Duty Allowance shall not be admissible during the periods of leave/training/tour etc, beyond full calendar month(s), in case, the employee is outside the North-Eastern Region and Ladakh during leave/training/tour etc. The allowance shall not be admissible during suspension and joining time.
5. These orders shall take effect from 1st July, 2017.
6. Hindi version is enclosed.
7. Please acknowledge receipt.
Deputy Director Finance (Estt.),