Empowered committee for running allowance in the 7th CPC pay structure
National Federation of Indian Railwaymen
3, Chelmsford road, new delhi – 110 055
Indian National Trade Union congress (INTUC)
International Transport workers Federation (ITF)
The Secretary (E)
Sub: Empowered committee for running allowance in the 7th CPC pay structure- reg.
Ref: Railway Board’s order No.ERB-I/2016/23/1 dated 05-05-2016.
The Railway Board has since issued an order dated 05-05-2016 constituting Empowered committee for Running Allowance in the 7th CPC pay structure, according to Board’s letter, Ed/PC-I, Railway Board shall be the convenor of the empowered committee and five EDs of different directorates shall function as its members.
In this connection, NFIR desires to convey that pursuant to bipartite agreement reached on the report of the running allowance committee, 1980, the running allowance eligibility criteria, pay elements for various purposes, ALK etc., were decided by the Railway Ministry in the year 1981.
With the implementation of 6th CPC pay structure (Pay Band & Grade Pay), a number of aberrations have however cropped up and all those issues were raised by NFIR in different fora. The issues were also discussed in the Fast Track committee meetings, besides PNM and DC/JCM meetings, but unfortunately, there has been no finality till now. In the full borad meeting chaired by CRB on 7th February 2014 and in the Fast Track committee meetings, it was decided that the running staff issues need to be dealt in the joint committee and accordingly joint committee was constituted. Although the joint committee met twice, the issues remained unresolved.
Now that the railway board has constituted empowered committee in the wake of 7th CPC report presently under consideration of the Government, the NFIR urges upon the Railway Board that the issues which are pending before the joint committee should be got finalized quickly. Thereafter there should be formal meetings with the federations for discussing the new issues which may arise consequent upon the decision for implementation of VIIth CPC Pay Matrix levels, in this context, the federation wants to remind the railway board that the pay element 30% and 55% of pay which are in vogue since the time of 4th CPC should be continued without any dilution even when 7th CPC Pay Matrix levels are to be implemented.
Federation hopes that the Railway Board would take note of earlier agreements reached with the Federations for ensuring that the same are not deviated.
Government Of India
Ministry Of Railways
New Delhi, dated 05.05.2016
Ministry of Railway (Railway Board) have decided to constitute an Empowered Committee for Running Allowance in the seventh CPC pay structure. The Committee will consist of the following:-
1) Executive Director (PC)-I, Railway Board – Convenor
2) Executive Director (PC)-II, Railway Board – Member
3) Executive Director/ME(Tr.), Railway Board – Member
4) Executive Director/EE (RS), Railway Board – Member
5) Executive Director/TT(F), Railway Board – Member
6) Executive Director/F(E), Railway Board – Member
2. The terms of reference of the committee will be as under:-
(i) To determine the fitment factor for fixation of pay of running staff in the seventh CPC pay matrix.
(ii) To determine the quantum of pay element in running allowance and the quantum of pay element for pensionary benefits for the running staff.
(iii) To Review the existing formula for calculation of rates of running allowance and evolve a new formula.
3. Executive director (PC)-II, Railway Board has been nominated to deliberate on the pay matrix and fitment factor in the seventh CPC pay structure for running staff.
4. the committee should submit its report within a period of three months from the date of issue of notification.
5. The Headquarter of the committee will be at new delhi.
6. E(P&A)-II of Railway Board will be the Nodal Branch for functioning of the committee. Therefore, all related works/issues including parl. questions, RTI cases, their execution and other formalities should be dealt with by the nodal branch.
7. The convenor and member of the committee will draw TA/DA as per extant rules.
Under Secretary (Estt.)-II