Rate of Interest on GPF and other similar funds for the year 2016-17
OFFICE OF THE CONTROLLER GENERAL OF DEFENCE ACCOUNTS
ULAN BATAR ROAD, PALAM, DELHI CANTT – 110 010.
The PCA (Fys), Kolkata
All the PCsDA/CsDA and Pr.IFA&IFAs
Subject: Rate of Interest on GPF and other similar funds for the year 2016-17
A copy of GOI, Ministry of Finance (Department of Economic Affairs) New Delhi Resolution No.5(1)-B(PD)/2016 dated 02.06.2016 is forwarded herewith for information, guidance and necessary action.
Please acknowledge the receipt.
Sr.Account Officer (AT)
Government Of India
Ministry Of Finance
Department Of Economic Affairs
New Delhi, Dated the 2nd June, 2016.
It is announced for general information that during the year 2016-17, accumulations at the credit subscribers to the General Provident Fund and other similar funds shall carry interest at the rate of 8.1% (eight point one per cent) w.e.f 1st April, 2016 to 30th June,2016. This rate will be in force w.e.f 1st April 2016. The funds concerned are:
1. The General Provident Fund (Central Services)
2. The Contributory Provident Fund (India)
3. The All India Services Provident Fund
4. The State Railway Provident Fund
5. The General Provident Fund (Defence Services)
6. The India Ordinance Department Provident Fund
7. The Indian Ordinance Factories Workmen’s Provident Fund
8. The Indian Naval Dockyard workmen’s Provident Fund
9. The Defence services Officers Provident Fund
10. The Armed Forces personnel Provident Fund.
2. Ordered that the Resolution be published in Gazette of India.