PCDA Circular 586 – Grant of Fixed Medical Allowance (FMA) to the Armed Forces Pensioners/ Family Pensioners in such cases where date of retirement is prior to 01.04.2003 and who had opted not to avail medical facilities at OPD of Armed Forces Hospitals/ MI Rooms and are not members of ECHS
Office of the Principal CDA(Pensions)
Draupadi Ghat, Allahabad- 211014
Circular No. 586
Dated: 25th September, 2017
1. The Chief Accountant, RBI, Deptt. Of Govt. Bank Accounts, Central office C-7, Second Floor, Bandre- Kurla Complex, P B No. 8143, Bandre East Mumbai 400051
2. All CMDs, Public Sector Banks including IDBI Bank
3. Nodal Officers, ICICl/ HDFC/ AXIS/ IDBI Banks
4. Managers, All CPPCs
5. Military and Air Attache, Indian Embassy, Kathmandu, Nepal
6. The PCDA (WC), Chandigarh
7. The CDA (PD), Meerut
8. The CDA, Chennai
9. The Director of Treasuries, All States
10. The Pay and Accounts Officer, Delhi Administration, RK Puram and Tis Hazari, New Delhi
11. The Pay and Accounts Office, Govt of Maharashtra, Mumbai
12. The Post Master Kathua (J&K)
13. The Post Master Camp Bell Bay
14. The Pr. Pay and Accounts Officer, Andaman and Nicobar Administration, Port Blair
Subject: Grant of Fixed Medical Allowance (FMA) to the Armed Forces Pensioners/ Family Pensioners in such cases where date of retirement is prior to 01.04.2003 and who had opted not to avail medical facilities at OPD of Armed Forces Hospitals/ MI Rooms and are not members of ECHS.
Reference: 1). This office Circular No. 544 dated 04.06.2015, Circular No. 451 dated 21.02.2011 and Circular No. 208 dated 27.07.1998.
2). GOI, MoD letter No. 1(10)/2009-D(Pen/Policy) dated 29th August 2017.
Copy of GOI, MoD letter No. 1(10)/2009-D(Pen/Policy) dated 29th August, 2017 on the above subject, which is self-explanatory, is forwarded herewith as annexure to this circular for further necessary action at your end.
2. In terms of Para-1 of GOI, MOD letter dated 29th August’ 2017, the fixed medical allowance has been enhanced from Rs.500/- pm to Rs. 1000/- pm with effect from 01.07.2017. Ex-Servicemen who retired after 01.04.2003 have to become member of ECHS compulsorily and are not eligible to draw Fixed Medical Allowance. However, Pre-01.04.2003 retirees have the option of either joining the Scheme or draw Fixed Medical Allowance as per the extant rates.
3. The other conditions for grant of Fixed Medical Allowance as brought out in this Office Circular No. 208 dated 27.07.1998 quoted under reference shall continue to be in force. PDAs are requested to please review the cases and revise the Fixed Medical Allowance in all the affected cases accordingly.
4. This circular has been uploaded on this office website www.pcdapension.nic.in for dissemination to all alongwith Defence pensioners and Pension Disbursing Agencies.
No. Grants/Tech /0164/III
Dated: 25th September, 2017
Asst. Controller (P)