PCDA Circular No.C-180 – 7th Pay Commission Revision of Pension of Pre‐2016 Pensioners/ Family Pensioners
O/o The Principal Controller of Defence Accounts (Pension), Draupadighat, Allahabad – 211014
Tele. : 0532-2421877, 2421879, 2421880, 2421110, 2422555. Fax: 0532-2421869, 2423549
website : www.pcdapension.nic.in e-mail : email@example.com
Call Centre No(Toll Free)-1800-180-5325(Timing-9:30 AM to 6:00 PM)
Dated: ‐ 03.01.2018
1. The Chief Accountant, RBI Deptt. of Govt. Bank Accounts, Central office C‐7, Second Floor, Bandre‐ Kurla Complex, P B No. 8143, Bandre East Mumbai‐ 400051
2. The Director of Treasuries of all state
3. The Manger CPPC of Public Sector Banks including IDBI
4. The CDA (PD) Meerut
5. The CDA‐Chennai
6. The Nodal Officers (ICICI/ AXIS/HDFC Bank)….
7. The Pay & Accounts Officers
8. Military and Air Attache, Indian Embassy Kathmandu, Nepal.
9. The DPDO
10. The Post Master
Sub: Implementation of Govt. decision on the recommendations of the Seventh Central Pay Commission‐Revision of Pension of Pre‐2016 Pensioners/ Family Pensioners etc.
Ref: This office important circular no. C‐169, bearing no. G1/C/0199/Vol‐1/Tech, dated 17th July 2017.
Attention is invited to above cited circular under which format of e‐PPO in respect of revision of Pension of Pre‐2016 Pensioners/Family Pensioners etc in reference of 7th CPC has been circulated.
2. In the ibid e‐PPO revised rate of pension as on 01.01.2016 in respect of Service Pension/Enhance Family Pension/Ordinary Family Pension and Additional Rate of Pension/Family Pension has been shown in tabular form. Simultaneously, in the last part of e‐PPO revised pension/normal rate of family pension as on 01.01.2016 as per 7th CPC (Higher of A and B) has also been shown in “BOLD”. Some Pension Disbursing Authorities have raised doubt that rate shown in BOLD is applicable for both revised pension and normal rate of family pension.
In this connection,it is clarified that in cases where rates of both Revised Pension as well as Family Pension has been shown in Tabular form (coloumn-01 and Column-03), rate shown in Bold is the rate of Revised Pension,whereas in cases where only rate of Revised Family Pension has been shown in Tabular form (column-01 only), rate shown below the table in Bold is the Normal Rate of family pension. Hence, PDAs have to ensure before making of payment that which type of rate of pension/family pension (i.e.enhanced/ordinary) is payable w.e.f 01.01.2016 duly linking with Original PPO and other relevant documents and payment may please be made strictly in accordance with rates shown in column-01 (Revised Pension) and/or column-01 (Revised Enhanced Rate of Family Pension or Normal Rate of Family Pension).
Case-01: if pensioner ‘A’ was drawing pension on 01.01.2016 and later died on 31.08.2016 and name of family pensioner has been jointly notified in same PPO accordingly family pension will start w.e.f. 01.09.2016. In such case, Revised Rate of Pension w.e.f. -01.01.2016 has been shown in Bold and pensioner will be paid revised pension up to 31.08.2016 only and thereafter Family Pension will be paid w.e.f. 01.09.2016 at the rates notified in Tabular Form i.e. Column-03 (enhanced Or Normal, whichever is applicable at the time of death of pensioner as per Original/Corr PPOs.)
Case-02: In an another case if pensioner ‘B’ already died prior to 01.01.2016 and name of family pensioner has been jointly notified in same PPO and in revised e-PPO Revised Rate of pension w.e.f. 01.01.2016 as per 7th CPC has been shown in Bold based on the LPC-Cum-Datasheet received in this office. In such cases pension Disbursing Authorities have to verify records and only Family Pension will be paid w.e.f. 01.01.2016 at the rates notified in Tabular Form i.e Column-03 (enhanced or Normal,whichever is applicable at the time of death of pensioner as per Original/Corr PPOs.)
3. In addition to above, the following points may strictly be adhered to before making payment based on 7th CPC civilian Revision e-PPOs.)
(a) Revised Pension/Family Pension and the payment of arrears on the authority of e-PPO should be made only if pensioner/family pensioner is/was drawing pension/family pension from your branch/office against Original PPO number shown in the e-PPO. Otherwise, e-PPO should not be acted upon and this fact be immediately reported to Sr Accounts Officer I/C Audit Section of PCDA (P) Allahabad.
(b) Cases where division of Family Pension is involved, rates shown in Column-03 (Revised Enhanced Rate of Family Pension or Normal Rate of Family Pension) of e-PPO is full rate. Hence, these rates may be proportionately reduced as per Division percentage shown in Original PPOs/Corr PPOs.
(c) Cases where family pension has been sanctioned to Dependent Children and pension was payable up to date of attaining 25 years of age or starts earning livelihood, whichever is earlier and such date falls after 01.01.2016. In such cases, revised family pension may be paid to family pensioner only date up to which family pension has been sanctioned in Original PPO/Corr PPO and or starts earning livelihood, whichever is earlier.
(d) Similarly, in cases where family pension has been passed on to the next eligible Dependent Child and PPO in his favour has been notified accordingly and where date of commencement of family pension is any date after 01.01.2016. In such cases, revised family pension may be paid to family pension has been notified in respect of the next eligible dependent child.
4. It has come to the notice that PDAs are not linking Original PPO and making payment of pension at the rates mentioned in “BOLD” at the last part of the e-PPO, which may cause overpayment. Therefore, all Pension Disbursing Authorities (PDAs) are advised to review all cases where payment are being done on the basis of above said e-PPOs to avoid overpayment in cases specially where family pension is payable at ordinary rate/Enhanced rate with effect from any date prior to 01.01.2016 (including this date).
5. Further, e-PPO format has been reviewed and the New/Amended format of e-PPO is also enclosed for ready reference.