7th Pay Commission Grant of Risk and Hardship Allowance and Special LC Gate allowance to Track Maintainers posted as Gatemen
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA (BHARAT SARKAR)
Ministry of Railways (Rail Mantralaya)
RBE No.: 34/2018
New Delhi, dated: 06/03/2018
The General Manager/CAOs(R),
All Indian Railways & Production Units,
(As per mailing list)
Sub: – Grant of Risk and Hardship Allowance and Special LC Gate allowance to Track Maintainers posted as Gatemen— clarification reg.
Please refer to Board’s letters No.PC-VII/2017/I/7/5/4 dated 10.08.2017 (RBE No. 87/2017, PC-VII No. 33) and No. E(P&A)I-2017/SP-1/CE-1 dated 30.08.2017 (RBE No.110/2017, PC-VII No.48) regarding grant of Risk and Hardship Allowance @ 2700/- per month for Track Maintainers and Special Level Crossing (LC) Gate Allowance @ 1000/-per month to Track Maintainers deployed for manning any of the Engineering gates respectively.
2. Clarifications have been sought in the matter as the above circulars do not make it explicit whether Track Maintainers deployed for manning any of the Engineering Gates will continue to receive the Risk and Hardship allowance in addition to Special LC Gate Allowance.
3. The matter has been examined and it is clarified that Trackmen selected and posted as Gatemen in Engineering Gates who are eligible for the special LC Gate Allowance would continue to get their Risk and Hardship Allowance also. Such Special LC Gate Allowance however will be paid only for the period the Track Maintainer remains actually posted as Gateman.
4. All other terms and conditions stipulated in the letters dated 10.08.2017 and 30.08.2017 shall remain unchanged.
5. This has the concurrence of the Finance Directorate and approval of the Board (MS).
6. Hindi version will follow.
(Jaya Kumar G)
Deputy Director, Pay Commission – VII