Haryana Government implementation grant of Dearness Relief to state Government Pensioners/Family Pensioners-revised rates effective from 1.1.2006,1.7.2006, 1.1.2007,1.7.2007, 1.1.2008 and 1.7.2008.
DEPARTMENT OF FINANCE
dated:Chandigarth the 17th April,2009
1. All the Head of department, commissioner of Divisions, all Deputy commissioner and S.D.Os. (Civil) in Haryana.
2. The Registrar, Punjab & Haryana High court, Chandigarh.
Subject : Grant of Dearness Relief – Decision of Government relating to grant of Dearness Relief to state Government Pensioners/Family Pensioners-revised rates effective from 1.1.2006,1.7.2006, 1.1.2007,1.7.2007, 1.1.2008 and 1.7.2008.
The undersigned is directed to state that in pursuance of Govt. decision, the Governor of Haryana is pleased to decide that Dearness Relief shall be paid to all Haryana Government Pensioners/Family Pensioners at the following rates after revision of pension/family pension w.e.f. 1.1.2006:-
|Date from which payable||Rate of Dearness Relief per men sem|
|From 1.1.2006||No Dearness Allowance|
|From 1.7.2006||2% of Basis Pension/family pension|
|From 1.1.2007||6% of Basis Pension/family pension|
|From 1.7.2007||9% of Basis Pension/family pension|
|From 1.1.2008||12% of Basis Pension/family pension|
|From 1.7.2008||16% of Basis Pension/family pension|
Note: Dearness Relief at the rates indicated above will also be admissible on the additional Basic Pension/additional Family pension available to old pensioners/family pensioners on the basis of age factor.
2. In the case of pensioners who retire from service on or after 1.1.2006 or where family pension is sanctioned for the first time from a date after 1.1.2006, pension/family pension means the basic pension/basic family pension as the case may be in terms of Finance Department Notification No.2/51/2008-1 Pension dated 17.4.2009.
3. Payment of Dearness Relief involving a fraction of a rupee shall be rounded off to the next higher rupee if the same if 50 paise or above. Conversely, it will be rounded of to the lower side if same is less than 50 paise.
4. Other provisions governing grant of Dearness Relief to pensioners such as regulation of Dearness Relief during the period of employment/re-employment, regulation of Dearness Relief where more than one pension is drawn etc. will remain unchanged.
5. The payments of Dearness Relief under these orders from the dates indicated above shall be made after adjusting the installments of Dearness Relief already sanctioned and paid to the pensioners/family pensioners of Haryana Government w.e.f. 1-1-2006 vide No.4/7/99-2FR/1801 dated 18-5-2006, 1-7-2006 vide No.4/7/99-2FR/2895 dated 19-10-2006, 1-1-2007 vide No.4/7/99-2FR/536 dated 20-4-2007, 1-7-2007 vide No.4-7-99-2FR/1312 dated 10-10-2007, 1-7-2008 vide No.4/7/99-2FR/5885 dated 15-4-2008 and 1-7-2008 vide No.4/7/99-2FR/21097 dated 17-12-2008.
6. These orders will not apply to the pensioners whose pension has been determined on adhoc basis without reference to the emoluments drawn by them, i.e. political pension, special pension, War Risk pension etc.
7. The expenditure involved will be debitable to the Major Head “2071 pension and other Retirement Benefits”
8. A copy of these orders is also available on the website which can be down loaded from the site, “www.finhry.gov.in”.
Under Secretary, Finance (Pension)
for financial commissioner and principal secretary
to Government Haryana, financial Department.