Tamil Nadu Order – Dearness Allowance 41 % with effect from 1st July 2007
GOVERNMENT OF TAMIL NADU
FINANCE (ALLOWANCES) DEPARTMENT
G.O. No.437, Dated 13th September 2007
(Sarvajit, Avani – 27 , Thiruvalluvar Aandu 2038)
ALLOWANCES – Dearness Allowance – Enhanced Rate of Dearness Allowance from 1st July, 2007 – Orders – Issued.
READ – the following papers:
1. G.O.Ms.No.100, Finance (Allowances) Department, dated 28th March, 2007.
2. From the Government of India, Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure, New Delhi, Office Memorandum F.No.1 (8) / 2007 – E-II (B) / 212, dated 11th September 2007.
In the Government Order first read above, orders were issued sanctioning revised rate of Dearness Allowance to the State Government employees as detailed below:-
|Date from which payable||Rate of D.A. (Per month)|
|1st January, 2007||35 per cent of pay plus Dearness pay|
2. The Government sanction the revised rate of Dearness Allowance to the State Government employees as indicated below: –
|Date from which payable||Revised rate of D.A (Per month)|
|1st July, 2007||41 per cent of pay plus Dearness pay|
3. The Government also direct that the Dearness Allowance increase shall be paid in cash with effect from 01.07.2007.
4. The details of admissibility of revised Dearness Allowance for employees drawing pay at various stages are given in the Annexure to this Order. In cases where the pay of Government servants fall between two pay ranges indicated in column (1) in the Annexure to this order, the revised Dearness Allowance shall be worked out at the percentage rate. While working out the revised Dearness Allowance, fraction of a rupee shall be rounded off to next higher rupee if such fraction is 50 paise and above and shall be ignored if it is less than 50 paise.
5. The Government also direct that the revised Dearness Allowance sanctioned above, shall be admissible to full time employees who are at present getting Dearness Allowance and paid from contingencies at fixed monthly rates. The revised rates of Dearness Allowance sanctioned in this order shall not be admissible to part time employees.
6. The revised Dearness Allowance sanctioned in this order will also apply to the teaching and non-teaching staff working in aided educational institutions, employees under local bodies, employees governed by the University Grants Commission/All India Council for Technical Education scales of pay, the Teachers/Physical Directors/Librarians in Government and Aided Polytechnics and Special Diploma Institutions, Village Assistants in Revenue Department, Noon Meal Organisers, Child Welfare Organisers and Anganwadi Workers.
7. The expenditure shall be debited to the detailed head of account `03.Dearness Allowance’ under the relevant sub, minor, sub-major and major heads of account.
8. The Treasury Officers / Pay and Accounts Officers are requested to make payment of the revised Dearness Allowance when bills are presented without waiting for the authorisation from the Principal Accountant General (A.& E.), Chennai-18.
( BY ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR)
SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT