Tamil Nadu Order – Pensioners and Family pensioners Dearness Allowance from 27% with effect from July 2009
GOVERNMENT OF TAMIL NADU
FINANCE (PENSION) DEPARTMENT
G.O. No.482, Dated 5th October, 2009
(Puratasi-19, Thiruvalluvar Aandu 2040)
Pension – Dearness Allowance to the pensioners and family pensioners – Revised rate admissible from 1st July, 2009 – Orders – Issued.
Read the following:-
1) GO.Ms.No. 235. Finance (Pay Cell) Department, dated 1.6.2009.
2) G.O.Ms.No. 470, Finance (Allowances) Department, dated 22.9.2009.
3) Government of India, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare O.M.No. F42/12/2009-P&PW(S), dated: 23.9.09.
In the Government Order first read above, based on the recommendations of the Official Committee, orders were issued on revision of scales of pay, etc. Among others, orders were issued in para 2 (viii) of the said Government Order sanctioning the revised rates of Dearness Allowance with effect from 1st July 2006 to 1st January 2009 as shown below:-
With effect from 1st July, 2006 – 2% of basic Pension/Family Pension
With effect from 1st January, 2007 – 6% of basic Pension/Family Pension
With effect from 1st July, 2007 – 9% of basic Pension/Family Pension
With effect from 1st January, 2008 – 12% of basic Pension/Family Pension
With effect from 1st July, 2008 – 16% of basic Pension/Family Pension
With effect from 1st January, 2009 – 22% of basic Pension/Family Pension
2. The Government of India, in its Office Memorandum third read above has enhanced the Dearness Allowance payable to its pensioners / family pensioners from 22% to 27% with effect from 1st July 2009.
3. Following the orders issued by the Government of India, the Government has now decided to sanction one additional instalment of dearness allowance at 5% to the pensioners / family pensioners of the State with effect from 1.7.2009. Accordingly, the Government sanction the revised rate of Dearness Allowance to the State Government pensioners / family pensioners as indicated below:-
|Date from which payable||Revised rate of Dearness Allowance (per month)|
|1st July 2009||27% of Pension/Family Pension|
4. The Government also direct that the increase in Dearness Allowance shall be paid in cash to the Pensioners / Family Pensioners with effect from 1.7.2009.
5. While arriving at the revised Dearness Allowance, fraction of a rupee shall be rounded off to the next higher rupee if such fraction is 50 paise and above and shall be ignored if it is less than 50 paise. It will be the responsibility of the Pension Disbursing Authority including Public Sector Banks etc. to calculate the quantum of Dearness Allowance payable in each individual case.
6. Pending formal authorisation by the Accountant General, the Dearness Allowance shall be paid straightaway by the Pension Pay Officer, Chennai-6, Treasury Officers and Public Sector Banks concerned.
7. This order will apply to the following categories of pensioners:-
i) Government pensioners, Teacher pensioners of aided and local body educational Institutions and other pensioners of local bodies.
ii) Present and future family pensioners; In the case of divisible family pensioners, Dearness Allowance shall be divided proportionately;
iii) Former Travancore-Cochin State pensioners drawing their pension on 1st November, 1956 in the Treasuries situated in the areas transferred to Tamil Nadu State on that date, i.e. Kanniyakumari District and Shencottah taluk of Tirunelveli District.
iv) Pensioners drawing their pension on 1st April, 1960, in the Tiruttani Sub-Treasury in whose cases pensions were sanctioned by the Composite Madras State prior to 1st October, 1953 or by the Andhra Pradesh State prior to 1st April, 1960.
v) Pensioners of the Ex-Governor’s Head Establishment in receipt of ‘Mustering out pension’.
vi) Pensioners who are in receipt of special pensions under Extraordinary Pension Rules, Tamil Nadu and Compassionate Allowance.
vii) Ex-Pudukkottai pensioners.
viii) Surrendered and thrown out Teachers in the transferred areas of Kanniyakumari district and Shencottah taluk of Tirunelveli district.
8. The expenditure on Dearness Allowance payable to the pensioners shall be debited to:
” 2071. Pensions and Other Retirement Benefits – 01. Civil – 101. Superannuation and Retirement Allowances – I. Non-Plan – AC. Dearness Allowance to Pensioners – 03. Dearness Allowance (D.P. Code 2071 01 101 AC 0306) “
and the Dearness Allowance payable to the family pensioners shall be debited to
” 2071. Pensions and Other Retirement Benefits – 01. Civil – 105. Family Pension – I. Non-plan – AC. Dearness Allowance to Family Pensioners of Tamil Nadu Government – 03. Dearness Allowance (D.P. Code 2071 01 105 AC 0308) “.
9. Orders regarding sanction of dearness allowance to the widows & children of the deceased Contributory Provident Fund / Non Pensionable Establishment beneficiaries of State Government and the former District Board who are drawing ex-gratia and the State Government employees who had drawn lumpsum payment on absorption in Public sector undertaking / autonomous body / Local body / Cooperative institutions and have become entitled to restoration of 1/3rd commuted portion of pension will be issued separately.
10. The increased expenditure due to the sanction of Dearness Allowance in this order is allocable among the successor States as per the provisions laid down under the State Reorganization Act, 1956.
(BY ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR)
Principal Secretary to Government