Dearness Allowance @ 7% to the State Government Employees with effect from 01.07.2016
GOVERNMENT OF ODISHA
Sub: Sanction of Dearness Allowance @ 7% to the state Government Employees with effect from 01.07.2016
Government of India, Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure in their office Memorandum No.1/3/2008-E-II(B), dated 09.11.2016 have enhanced Dearness Allowance payable to the Central Government Employees from existing 125% to 132% with effect from 01.07.2016.
2. Now, considering the overall financial resources and fiscal target stipulated under Odisha Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management Act, 2005, the state Government have been pleased to release additional does of DA @ 7% enhancing the same from the existing rate of 125% to 132% on the basic pay and grade pay taken together with effect from 01.07.2016 in case of state Government Employees, who are covered under the ORSP Rules,2008. The additional dose of DA will be paid in cash and can be drawn in the pay bill of December,2016 payable in January 2017 and onwards. Arrear from the month of July,2016 to November,2016 on account of the enhanced DA., shall not be drawn before the date of disbursement of salary of December,2016.
3. Payment of enhanced DA @ 132% with effect from 1st July 2016 to the State Government Employees and Employees of Aided Educational Institutions drawing pay under ORSP Rules,2008 will be at par with DA sanctioned by Government of India, Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure Office Memorandum No.1/3/2008-E-II(B), dated 09.11.2016.
4. This additional does of DA @ 7% on Basic Pay and Grade Pay taken together with effect from 01.07.2016 and manner of payment to the state Government Employees as above is also applicable to the following category of employees covered under ORSP Rules, 2008.
* All India service officers serving in the affairs of the state government for which general administration Department will issue orders separately.
* The Teaching and Non-Teaching staff of Universities who are in receipt of regular scale of pay from whom the state Government is bearing full salary cost. These also include teachers of Universities who enjoy AICTE/UGC scale under ORSP (College Teachers) 2010 and Medical College Teachers under ORSP (Medical College Teachers) Rules, 2010.
* Subordinate Judicial officers drawing their pay in accordance with Law Department Resolution No.8318/L dated 02.08.2010.
* Work-Charged Employees drawing in regular scale of pay under the ORSP Rules,2008: and
* Job Contract Workers of Consolidation and Settlement Organisation who are in receipt of fixed pay in regular scale of pay under ORSP Rules,2008 and DA sanctioned thereon from time to time.
5. DA in accordance with this Memorandum will also be admissible to the state government employees who are in service on the 1st July,2016 but have ceased to be in service at the time of sanction of this enhanced DA.
6. The bill for drawal of enhanced DA @7% with effect from 01.07.2016 to the state Government Employees and Aided Educational Institutions, drawing pay under ORSP Rules-2008 will be submitted to the Treasuries/Special Treasuries/Sub-Treasuries along with pay Bill for the month December,2016 payable in January,2017 onwards.
By Order of Governor.
(Tuhin Kanta Pandey)
Principal Secretary to Government