Jammu & Kashmir G.O – Biometric attendance system in Civil Secretariat
GOVERNMENT OF JAMMU & KASHMIR
Civil Secretariat, Jammu/ Srinagar
Sub: Biometric attendance system in Civil Secretariat.
Circular No.02-FD of 2019
In order to ensure punctuality and attendance in Civil Secretariat, Biometric Attendance System has been mandated from time with the ultimate objective of better delivery of Public services. The employees are expected to mark their attendance at the time of entry into Secretariat/ office as well as the time of their exit.
Installation of biometric attendance system has been completed in every department of Civil Secretariat. Administrative Secretaries of various departments are expected to review adherence to instructions at regular intervals and ensure strict compliance with following instructions.
1. All Employees of Civil Secretariat shall mark biometric attendance twice a day (both at the time of entry and exit) without fail .
2. Payment of Salary of Wages in favour of the Government Employees of any category for the month of May 2019 onwards will be linked with their biometric attendance report. The concerned DDOs will release salaries only on the basis of biometric attendance report as furnished by the nodal officers of every department.
3. the Biometric attendance applies to all the employees, including contractual /Consolidated /Casual workers or any other types of person drawing wages in any form from public exchequer.
4. The controlling officers/ DDOs will ensure that the record of approved leaves and tours is uploaded onto the biometric attendance system regularly.
5. The Administrative Secretaries of Various departments shall ensure installation of additional number of biometric devices if needed and nominate Nodal Officers for daily monitoring of Biometric attendance and compliance with the above instructions.
9Dr. Arun Kumar Mehta),IAS
Principal Secretary to the Government